131

Light Cavalry, Honourable Artillery Company

The Light Cavalrywas formed in 1861, as a reconnaissance force for the HAC Infantry battalions. That role ended in 1891. In 1979, the unit reformed as a ceremonial squadron Its primary duty is the provision of a mounted escort for the Lady Mayoress.

The Light Cavalry horses are stabled at Flemish Farm Windsor, at the Guards Polo Club, and there have the benefit of a full sized indoor Riding School - erected by charitable donations mainly from funds from the City of London. Here Military and Civilian equitation is taught to members of the Honourable Artillery Company and affiliated units.